Thursday, September 19, 2013
Oh the places you'll go...
So since my parents have sold our house the packing has been their biggest task. My mom has been going through a lot of my stuff from back in the day. She has sent me a couple of writings from my 5th grade year in school. That was my biggest year of writing. That was the year I discovered my love for writing. Specifically creative writing. I read the poems she sent me and thought they were stupid at first. I had my friends read them and got some chuckles, but I couldn't help but read over them over and over again. Not to brag, but I was a creative child. It got me thinking about an interesting topic. I wondered what my kids would be like. A lot of my friends from high school and college are getting married and having kids and it gets me thinking. I look at my parents and see what I got from them. I got my mothering nature and love of helping others from my mother. I got my stubbornness and love for manly things from my dad. My mom taught me to cook and my dad taught me how to deal with issues in my car. I am a pretty good combination of both except for the fact that I am a replica of my mother in facial features. I have my dad to thank for my dark skin. There are certain things that I want to pas on to my kids and certain things I don't. I don't want my kids to get my stubbornness. I hope my kids get their height from their father...and I just hope I marry a tall guy in general! I hope they don't get my immune system or metabolism issues. One of the things I do pray that they get from me is their imagination and creativity. I used to write for fun just whatever I wanted and school gave me a hatred for writing due to essay after essay of topics I didn't choose. I want them to be spontaneous and I want them to look back on their life and feel like they made the most of it. I want them to paint with all the colors of the wind because Pocahontas is a princess to Native Americans everywhere! I want them to imagine life through the lives of others. I want them to dream and laugh. Trust me, I'm not one of those crazy women who is going around campus looking for the perfect male specimen to hook up with and start popping out little ones anytime soon. I am not addicted to babies. I just think about how much I want for my future offspring. I am creating this world that they will be coming into and I want it to be filled with only the best. Remember, it is never too late to live your childhood. Never lose your imagination and creation is never out of reach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment