Saturday, June 15, 2013

There Is A Turtle In My Basement

Sorry for the delay my people! I've been off doing the adult thing...working. I work for a daycamp and it is insane. This was my first week and I learned so much. So...I figured I would share all my lessons with you!

  1. Don't lose a camper. Especially when it is the only camper in your group who has anxiety.
  2. Do not let anyone put random blobs of sunscreen on you.
  3. Stuffed animals can fart.
  4. Kids love to tell Jesus about their love for hotdogs.
  5. Young boys hate me.
  6. My fear of snakes isn't as bad as I thought.
  7. Don't scream during your first days because by Saturday, you won't have a voice.
  8. I have a new appreciation for sleep.
  9. No one should ever give small people sugar.
  10. Kids get super quiet if you just stare at them.
Those are just a few lessons I learned this week. It was a very intense week. I just kept reminding myself that I must be on God's path if the devil is throwing me struggles. Also, there really is a turtle in my basement. It's name is Saca and she is apart of our nature exhibit at camp. Anywho, I have also met some pretty amazing people as well. People such as:

  1. Guys who wear Chewbacca back packs
  2. Guys who sing like a mix of Fergie and Jesus
  3. Guys obsessed with Instagram and Chipotle
  4. Girls who like to lick peoples elbows
  5. A girl who can lick her own elbow
  6. People who want to start a Tangled fan club
  7. Guys that really like my car
  8. Girls who are naturally loud like me
  9. People who dance to the clean version of the wobble by Family Force 5
  10. People who love cheesecake just as much as I do
I don't get paid much, but here is what my thought process is. I am telling kids about Jesus and giving them possibly the best week they will have all summer. Why would I need to get paid? That's just a bonus! It was a rough first week, but it is a learning process. I hope you all are doing well. I will have my computer with me now to keep you guys updated! Also, good news! I had 3 kids start a relationship for the first time this week! Yay!

-j

No comments:

Post a Comment