Saturday, July 6, 2013
Well I'm Back!
Sorry it has been so long. Kids can kinda keep a person busy. So let me catch you up on my life. I am now 20...it still feels like 19 though. I have even caught myself telling people I'm 19. It happens, oh well. I come home occasionally. I work all week long with Saturday off. I love my job even though some of these kids are the best birth control I have ever been around. These kids are great though. I've never loved my job so much. It blows me away the imagination they have and their curiosity is adorable. When you are a kid you don't realize what you are thinking or saying. Their emotions are heightened. They bump their knee and it is automatic tears. They see a ball and light up. Why does that have to end at a certain age. A lot of my kids think I am older than I actually am because I act so much like an uptight adult sometimes. I do that for their safety and so they obey the rules, but sometimes I listen to myself telling them what to do and I hate what I hear coming out of my mouth. "Don't do that and Stay over here." These young ones remind me of the freedom of a child, the crazy ideas, and the pure spirit we all once had. As children we lived each day without a care in the world. We had no bills, no stress; our biggest care in the world was what was for lunch and if we would be able to go over to a friends house. Now we think about paychecks and how we will be spending the rest of our lives working. I understand that as an adult we have responsibility and yes we have to care about our lives and balance our check books, but glory can we please just start getting back to the days where life didn't seem so desperate and lame. My challenge to all you aging people out there...take a moment to fly a kite or color. Let the inner child escape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment