Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Look Inside the Mind

So I feel the need to give you a warning that today's post is going to be all over the place. Nothing super exciting has happened to me today, but I have a lot running through my mind so...here comes the randomness.

          First off, a follow up of yesterday's post; my mother must have been reading because I woke up to an email today, sent to all of her children, a list of what she would like for Mother's Day if we were planning on getting her anything. And to correct my statement of her tearing down a wall...she is fixing tables. My point of her always having some sort of project is still proven, but not as exciting.

          Second of all, her Facebook status was about Duck Dynasty and while she was messaging me she said, and I kid you not, "well, just state the facts, Jack." Let's take a moment here to analyze the situation. My mother is necessarily not old, but she is on the wiser side. She is not from the south. We live in Indiana. She is also a woman. Yet this woman is quoting an old redneck duck man. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Duck Dynasty, but when my mother, the woman I look to for some of my next moves, is quoting Si Robertson I can't help but laugh. My favorite line from the show is "what could you be doin where you can't wait 10 minutes for a hot donut?" That quote is from Jase and that is how I justify ordering a half dozen hot donuts at Krispy Kreme. I'm just wondering how this came about though. I look around and see camo, Dynasty shirts, beards, and hipsters saying 'jack'. Who exactly came up with this stuff? What cameraman drove down to the south and decided to pick out the most insane family. I'm thinking some director got lost on his way to his beach house in Florida, stumbled upon those good ole country boys and decided to make some money. And that's a fact, Jack.

          I love giving advice, and I love answering questions. Sometimes I run out of things to say or write about and so I am looking to my audience for help. What do you want to read? What do you want to know? Why does candy corn even exist? Sorry, that was just a side thought. Anywho, let me know what I can do for you or what you want to hear me say. Have a happy, happy, happy day!

-j

No comments:

Post a Comment