Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Not So Adams Family


Time to Meet the Family
 
So coming to a school with a swim team was one of requirements. I have been managing swim teams for 10 years now. If you are wondering what that is exactly; just picture mothering a group of really muscular teenagers. I love my job though. Anywho, last year my friend created "the family." There were grandparents and it worked its way down. The main group was a set of quadruplets. They had a babysitter who was the manager before me. I was her little sister. Therefore, I took over as babysitter when she left. I was also put in charge of the family when my friend left. Because we don't have sororities or fraternity's to have big sisters/brothers to welcome the newbies in we have the family to have the older kids bring up the next generation. Getting to my point. Because I was in charge of course I was going to give myself a family. I did not want to be the old spinster babysitter who puts her cats in charge. In my previous blog posts I have mentioned James, Kayley, and Jonathan. Jonathan is sitting next to me and fills the marvelous and honorable role of my husband. We have 4 children. Kayley, James, Matt, and Emily. They are quite the crew. The point to this story is that dude... I get the funniest looks when Emily runs up to me from across campus screaming MOOOOOM. Or when Matt proclaims in the cafeteria that he loves his momma. Kayley calls me momma jess on a daily basis. But nothing tops when Jonathan getting offended if I don't tell him something because, in his words, I am his wife and we are supposed to have no secrets from each other. Just picture if you will a petite teenage girl running up to another girl saying "hi mom, whatcha doin?" Do you know how many interesting looks we get? Yes people, I had kids at 6months of age. I am just that talented. Grant it, this is not normal behavior anyways, but cut us some slack. As for my real family, my dad had 3 daughters while my mom had a daughter and a son. They got divorced, came together, and had me! My sister is my hero. Except she does get offended if I don't know who played in what movie. She is sometimes a stalker. A movie stalker if you will and it is starting to rub off on me. Pray for me. My brother is the blackest white boy since Eminem. My dad is the hardest worker ever. And my mother. You guys seemed to really show the love for my post on my mother. More stories with her will be coming up. She is a crazy lady in the best way possible. My sister and I really love her "dance" moves. Well...now that you know all my personal background be sure to go steal my identity!
 
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment