Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Failure is not an option...

8am finals should be illegal. I should not be up this early. So funny story, I fell down the stairs yesterday. It's okay to laugh cause I did. I learned I have a really funny laugh when people do impressions from The Amanda Show. The one from the 90's...it was a classic. Anywho, so I had my first and last 8am final today. Research and Methods for Social Work. Here is my thinking process...8am final, 10:30 final, I'm just gonna go to the gym after that, why not wear sweat pants, right? So here I am takin a long bumpy ride on the hot mess express in my sweats, pony tail, and Marines sweat shirt. I don't really care. I don't plan on seeing Ryan Gosling anytime soon so I might as well just rock the "I just rolled out of bed" look. Here is my other though...it is 8am, nobody is going to look that great so just in case I do run into the love of my life today, I won't have any competition. Boy was I wrong five ways to Sunday. I look to my left; girls in dresses. I look to my right; girls who woke up early enough to straighten their hair. While I sit here lookin like a classy hobo. If you dressed up for an early exam I give you props, but let's get serious. It is the last week of school. You have either already got a boyfriend or your friends already know you well enough to still love you if you look like a traveling circus. No need for make up and pumps. To all my friends who probably dressed up for their finals today...I apologize and I know you won't judge me for lookin like the extra special friend in the group. I shall sport my sweatpants with pride ladies and gentleman. They have never done me any wrong. They give support and comfort at the same time. Who wants to be worrying about if a hair is out of place when they are taking a physics exam or explaining variability and consistency among descriptive statistics?!? No one! Well, at least not me. And no offense, but if you are dressing up to impress a special someone, it is the last week of school. If you think they are going to ask you out in the next few days then I hope you are okay working a long distance relationship. Okay, so that last one was a little harsh. I'm sorry, I hope he asks you out and I hope the two of you live happily ever after with your two kids in a ranch setting somewhere in Connecticut. As for me, I will be letting my freak flag fly in the form of glasses and sweatpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment