Okay, so being a Hoosier usually qualifies you in the highest aspect of driving. Apparently, that does not go for all Indiana residents. Today I was a big girl and ran my own errands. I had lunch with my sister, hit the post office, and did the typical grocery shopping. I was very proud of myself. After lunch with my sister I was walking back to my car AND ALMOST DIED! Last time I checked, pedestrians have the right of way. This lady must have failed drivers education because she wanted to play hip check with her car! I was halfway through the walkway and she approached pretty fast. I slowed down because I wasn't sure if she was going to stop. There was a stop sign so I knew she had to stop. So, knowing that, I continued to walk. Her car went halfway through the stop sign so I stopped about an inch from her car. She finally did stop and I thought she had seen me. Therefore, I started walking again, but before I could take another step, she started yelling at me and gunned it. I'm pretty positive that she told me to watch where I was going. (sassy z snap inserted here) EXCUSE ME! I was not texting, looking down, or eating a taco. For once in my life I was actually paying attention and I am shamed for it. To make it more awkward, she ended up being in CVS the same time as me. I hid for the sake of my own life. Anywho, good news, I didn't die today! And I got all of my errands done. Got a surprise for mom and a friend. The new basement apartment has added new furniture and pictures. My home is starting to actually feel like home. I hope you all had a grand day and didn't die. I would also like to ask everyone to pray for the people out west who were hit by the tornado. Those winds can be pretty nasty. Peace and blessings my fellow dorkies!
-j
No comments:
Post a Comment