Wednesday, May 8, 2013
The Perks of Being a Fisherlady
Okay...so most girls, when they first get a pedicure, they are very delicate with their lives. They take every precaution to keep their toes lookin fly. Well, Sunday I got a pedicure, first thing I did was run into the pond water to catch me some fish. Sadly, I didn't catch any, but I attempted. I like being girly at times, but you give me night crawlers and a hook and all thoughts of being of the female gender go out the window. Tonight, the war began between my mother and I. I have been fishing since I was able to hold my Barbie pole. Ever since I started fishing my mom and I compete to see who can catch the most fish. Tonight...I was defeated. Now picture this; here is this wise woman out in her fold out chair sportin her nightie just throwin out a line. And here I am being ever so patient and coordinating the right spot and everything. This woman beat me by 4! 4! I don't win a lot of things in life, but fishing is my game and when I lose...I am a loser. I caught my first bluegill on default. I threw out a bad worm and he came to get it so I slowly just happened to put my hook right under his lip! Didn't even have to cast out. Mom didn't even want to go fishing, but of course as soon as she does BOOM! a huge bass just lands in her lap (not literally, but almost). It isn't officially fishing season in the Roberts household until someone is peed on by a fish. Unfortunately, the lucky girl this year was me. Seriously, what living creatures first reaction is to pee on someone? It's whatever. I can accept being peed on because he will be in the frying pan tomorrow. Tonight was a success with 2 bass and 4 bluegill. Fishing adventures are usually pretty good in this family. Tomorrow night might be mushroom hunting with dad so we will see what kind of story that brings up. Well, have a nice evening! I'm off to do my nails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment