Okay...so whoever created mind games for the teenage generation should be in jail. Point of the story; guys do not mess with girls. We read into every single word and punctuation mark you use. Girls, the poor fella probably doesn't understand what he is doing wrong so don't freeze him out just because he didn't text you back in .25 seconds. The end.
On to our main topic...
So I did not get the memo that said Saturday is "family cleaning day." Ya know, I wondered why my mother handed me a pamphlet when I came home from college, but I figured a title like "Things That Have Changed In This Household Since You Left" wasn't anything to read about. Boy, was I wrong. First off, the family is on a new diet. We are now a gluten, egg, dairy, soy, peanut, sugar, and something else, free household. There is not a Dorito or Oreo in sight. I've been through a lighter of this before. When I was younger and all the kids at school were opening up their lunch boxes to find snack packs and pop tarts I opened mine to reveal packets of tuna, salmon, and celery. As a thriving middle schooler, it does not exactly scream cool to be spreading tuna on a low fat cracker. So this whole diet thing has been fun, but home girl needs a chicken nugget! And then there's family cleaning. I woke up to the vacuum being run overhead this morning. Apparently while I was asleep the whole house was being cleaned. I was told that my room should be picked up and bed made. So, I picked my room up, but I have yet to make my bed. I never really saw the point in making my bed if we weren't having company over. I'm just going to get back in periodically over the course of the day. I will probably give in and make it though. In all seriousness, I love my family. My mom asks very little of me and I probably give her too much crap for it. I have been mooching off them for quite some time now. To all the mother's out there, thanks for doing what is best for us. Sorry we don't say thank you that often, or we love you. Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there! And mother, since I know you will most likely end up reading this, since it is now on your favorite tabs, happy mom's day and I love you!
-j
No comments:
Post a Comment